BONUS: A Comforting Soup Recipe to Soothe Your Winter Weary Spirit!
As someone who loves to cook fresh, whole foods, my VitaMix blender is a genius kitchen gadget that I can’t imagine living without. If you’re looking for a cooking accessory that makes healthy living easier than ever, consider adding this workhorse to your kitchen wish list!
Here are a few reasons why I love mine:
- A worthwhile investment. Many home cooks swear by their VitaMix blender because it is one kitchen gadget that is actually built to last. And, because it has so many diverse uses, it won’t sit on your counter or in your pantry collecting dust.
- Features various texture settings. From a quick rough chop of vegetables for a chunky salsa to pulverizing plants and nuts (perfect for homemade nut butter!), I appreciate that I can achieve desired textures.
- Retains fiber and nutrients. Because it’s designed to pulverize foods, it can unlock health-protecting nutrients trapped within the cell walls of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds, making it easier for your body’s cells to access and absorb the nutrients.
- Love to juice? This blender allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables, which prevents waste.
- Daily versatility. I use my VitaMix throughout the day, year-round. For example, I use it to make smoothies in the morning and again in the evening to make soups and sauces.
- Heat soups. Some VitaMix soup recipes instruct the user to place all ingredients into the blender and then turn on the “soup” function. This not only blends the contents, it also heats them simultaneously. I often serve soup right from my VitaMix.
- Perfect for frozen desserts & drinks. In the summertime, I make a frozen dessert using yogurt and frozen berries. It also makes a great margarita or daiquiri!!
- Best of all, it’s so easy to clean! Need I say more?
If purchasing a VitaMix isn’t in the budget right now, the next best thing for making soups is a hand immersion blender. The Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender has great reviews and a reasonable price point.
Want to put your blender to use? Check out my comforting and nourishing soup recipe below—perfect for these chilly winter days. Happy blending!
What is your your favorite kitchen accessory? Please let me know in the comments below!
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients: (Alternative ingredients listed below the recipe)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup cream
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add onion, cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in squash and apple.
- Add chicken broth, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until squash is soft and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Puree in blender or use an immersion blender in the pot.
- Stir in cream; heat through.
TIP: To save time and energy, purchase precut butternut squash from your grocery store.
|Instead of Butter||Use Olive, Avocado or Coconut Oil|
|Instead of Onion||Use 1 large leek or 2 small leeks|
|Instead of Chicken Broth||Use Vegetable Broth|
|Instead of cream||Use Canned Full Fat Coconut Milk|