I’m from Buffalo, NY, and I love that mouthwatering chicken wing sauce (Frank’s Red-Hot Sauce). Now, I know some of you don’t eat meat, and some of you prefer boneless chicken wings, but I’m here to tell you, you can have that same great flavor with veggies!!
· ½ a head cauliflower and 1 bunch broccoli
· ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
· 4 Tbsp. butter or ghee
· ½ cup breadcrumbs (I used GF panko) PLUS ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs (You can use GF)
· ½ tsp. each onion powder and garlic powder
· Sauce for dipping – I recommend my BEST Non-Dairy Ranch Dip!
1. To make the sauce – melt butter and Franks in a small bowl (on the stovetop or microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating if necessary). Set aside.
2. Wash and cut veggies into bite-sized pieces, then place in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a large bowl, coat veggies with the sauce and mix well.
4. Using a Ziplock baggie, add breadcrumbs and spices.
5. Dump coated veggies into the baggie, seal, and shake well.
6. Dump contents onto a sprayed cookie sheet and spread into a single layer.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min., then flip pieces with a spatula.
8. Bake for 5 – 7 more minutes, then broil for 1 – 2 minutes to crisp up!