- 2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- Avocado cooking spray
- One package of Extra Firm Tofu
- One head of broccoli, stems removed (feel free to peel the outer skin then chop the stems and use them, too!)
- Half a head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce or alternative
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger chopped OR 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. hot sauce OR more if you like spicy foods!
- Place tofu in a bowl with paper towels below and on top of tofu.
- Press firmly but not too hard to remove liquid from tofu.
- Cut tofu into bite-sized cubes.
- Prepare the veggies as directed.
- Make the sauce and set aside.
- Place oil in a stir fry pan, when hot, add tofu. Turn down the heat and allow tofu to brown, flipping it to get all sides browned (about 5 – 8 minutes). Then remove from the pan to a bowl or plate.
- Scrape and remove any remaining tofu from the pan.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower to the pan and spray with avocado oil. Toss and sauté for 4 – 5 minutes (broccoli will be bright in color).
- Add onion and peppers and continue to sauté and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté another 3 – 4 minutes or until the veggies are soft but not mushy.
- Add the tofu and sauce to the pan.
- Toss gently so everything is coated with the sauce.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or grain of choice.